Welcome to the Portrait Page!
Along with my wedding photography, I branch out into portraits - families, friends, solo, babies, even a little pet portraiture (mainly my own cats haha). Maternity shoots and engagement shoots are also covered.
I prefer outdoor settings, with natural interactions between people. I am not great at posing myself, so I'm not great at posing others! I shoot the same way I do on weddings - very casual and relaxed. I want you to feel comfortable and have fun with it.
With all of my portrait sessions, I charge £50 for an hour's shoot, and you get all suitable images, which is usually around 10-20. These are delivered on a password protected online gallery for you to download, print, and share.
I find for family, friend, and solo sessions, outside on location is best. I don't have a studio so it's more fun and natural being out and about.
Wear layers, so if it's too hot or cold your can change as appropriate.
If there are a lot of you, I recommend booking a 2 hour slot so we can get lots of photos!
Pets are welcome, but I cannot guarantee perfect photos as animals are unpredictable.
For baby cake smashes, I don't have props or backgrounds. The way I work is that we do the session at the house of the baby. The parents/guardians can choose what room to do it in, and set up as they like. This way, the baby is in a familiar environment and is more likely to stay calm (though not always!).
A room with a plain white, cream, or pale grey wall works best as that is an uncluttered background that won't give off a colour cast. Or you can get a background on eBay if you fancy for about £15, and tape it up.
The kitchen is usually a good room to do it in as they tend to have big windows, and the floor is easier to clean.
A blanket or throw on the floor makes it warmer and softer for the baby, and adds a little texture.
A couple of props are enough - a balloon and banner, a teddy bear. Don't overcrowd the set.
Any balloons and banners need to be quite low down - maybe only half a meter off the floor. Remember baby is only short!
I'll need about 3m space between the set and my camera, though I might be able to work in a smaller area if you don't mind much background in the photos.
Terms & Conditions
The boring bit, but please read!
01. The acceptance of the booking is based on agreement by the Client of the terms & conditions stated herein.
02. PAYMENT: Payment must be made before the session, including on the day of the shoot. No photos will be taken if payment has not been received.
03. CANCELLATION: There will be no charge for a cancellation.
04. TRAVEL: locations within 20 miles of Nottingham is included in the price. Any session located over 20 miles from Nottingham will incur a surcharge.
05. DELIVERY: All photos will be available via digital download through Pixieset.
06. COPYRIGHT: All images are owned by Kabbij Patch Photography. All images published via online media by the Client must have the Photographer's name and a link to their website included. The website can either be the Kabbij Patch Photography main website, or the Facebook page.
07. MODEL RELEASE: All images are owned by Kabbij Patch Photography. The Client gives permission for the Photographer to publish all and any images for general marketing and advertising purposes, including but not exclusive to social media, exhibitions, editorials, and websites.
08. STORAGE: The Client will confirm that they have downloaded the images, after which the Photographer will no longer be responsible for the storage of the images.
09. MISC.: The Client understands that every effort will be made to capture all images wanted, however unforeseen circumstances may disrupt the shoot. This includes but is not limited to the weather, illness, and children or pets not settling.